Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reflecting

We are God's glory revealed.  What a thought.  My life is a reflection of God's glory.  So is my life really reflecting God's glory?  Am I living in a way that shows others who God is?  Last week I heard something that has stuck with me.  It's a simple saying but really holds a lot of meaning.  "Don't just say the good news, be the good news."  I'm committed to my life being the gospel of Jesus Christ. Every action, word, and deed to be a reflection.  Of course I'm going to screw up.  I'm human.  I make mistakes.  A lot of them.  But my heart, my motivation is to be God's glory revealed.  A reflection of his love, his compassion, his goodness, and mercy.  This is so much beyond what I can do on my own.  It's way out of my comfort zone because the reality is this means I'm patient when everything around me is ticking me off.  It means I hold my tongue when that crazy driver cuts me off in traffic.  When I really want my way I'm willing to put that aside for the needs of someone else.   It's in the day to day stuff that this really becomes challenging.  Reflecting the glory of God in my attitude and my reactions.  I don't want to just talk about the gospel of Jesus.  I want to be the gospel of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment