Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

It's the second day for 2011.  Sunday is my busiest day of the week and it was one of those days where everything worked against me.  My usual response to stuff like this is to freak out.  I'm a stress factory.  I've always been someone who wears my emotions on my sleeve so when things aren't going my way everyone knows about it.  A friend of mine this morning told me not to worry and to just take a deep breath.  It's funny but for some reason God decided to use that one statement to change me.  "Take a deep breath". Calm down.  Slow down.  I can't change what's happening but I can change how I handle it.  Seriously why do I freak out.  This is not the person I want to be.  I want to be the woman who can handle anything.  Who is cool and calm and when the world comes at her she's ready.  More than that,  freaking out is totally opposite to who God has called me to be.  Patient, kind, gentle.....so 2011 for me is going to be focused on not stressing out.  As James said it's the year of Timon and Pumba.   Hakuna Matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment