Friday, February 18, 2011

Separated

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.    (Romans 8:38-39)


So how come then do we feel like we're separated from Christ.  There are times when God feels so far away and that he's left me alone to deal with this life.   Those are the times when I've let my circumstances blind me from the truth that nothing can ever separate us.  Jesus didn't provide salvation for us to take us out of this earth.  He came to make living here bearable.  This life is hard.  We all make choices that we wish we could take back and sometimes we have no control over what happens to us or the people we love.  None of that can ever change the fact that God doesn't stop loving us.  He hurts with us, he grieves with us, he cries with us, but he also laughs with us and rejoices with us.  When I feel furthest away from the love of God is when I need to do everything I can to open my eyes and my heart to his love.  That when everything seems darkest I need to quiet my life to hear him saying "keep your eyes on me.  Don't get distracted.  I love you and will get you through."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxxzxBK_Eg

No comments:

Post a Comment